DARPA‘s just put up a pretty interesting job posting… if you’re the wary-of-our-future-being-controlled-by-robots type, anyway. The call involves a new research and development program called ARM. Basically, DARPA’s looking to build a robot that can use its arms to dexterously and autonomously grasp objects. The quote from the job posting which is raising eyebrows around here says that the bot should be able to “hold an inert grenade with one hand, and pull the pin with the other hand” without any direction from humans. Now, we’re not really trying to hit the alarmist angle, and we’re all for advancements in robot tech… but it seems to us we’d have less to worry about if the job posting had said “should be able to hold a kitten in one hand, and pet it with the other.” Right guys?
DARPA job posting talks of developing an autonomous, grenade-wielding robot
Like This Article? Share it!
Most Popular Posts
- Contest: BerryBlab Makes Browsing vBulletin Forums Friendly in a BlackBerry App; 50 Free Copies Up for Grabs! - 115,699 views
- Contest Winners: Blurts, BerryJoose, KBLauncher & Music Skins - 11,043 views
- In Depth: 22 best Twitter apps for 2012 - 11,029 views
- DARPA job posting talks of developing an autonomous, grenade-wielding robot - 7,339 views
- In Depth: The web designer’s guide to WordPress - 6,096 views
- Best price comparison site: 4 compared - 3,603 views
- Has Your YouTube Video Playback Quality Increased On Your BlackBerry? - 3,466 views
Subascribe to Certpiles