No need to spot clean your spectacles, and no need to brush the cobwebs out of your dome — you really are seeing yet another IR dongle for Apple’s dear iLineup. Hot on the heels of New Potato’s FLPR, ThinkFlood’s RedEye mini and Power A’s solution comes this: an all-too-similar way to convert your iPod touch, iPhone or forthcoming iPad into a universal remote. Functionality wise, there’s really nothing here that the other guys don’t provide, though the beefed-up database of over 40,000 IR codes should make setting up your system a breeze. Users simply plug this into their dock connector, download the free application from the App Store and then dial up whatever components they have; once loaded, the IR beamer should do the rest, nixing the need to keep those 40 remotes around. It’s expected to start shipping any day now for $69.95.
i-Got-Control IRB1 dongle gives your iPhone / iPod touch universal remote functionality
Tags: accessory, apple, dongle, home automation, HomeAutomation, i got control, IGotControl, infrared, ipad, ipad accessories, IpadAccessories, iphone accessory, iphone remote, IphoneAccessory, IphoneRemote, ipod accessory, IpodAccessory, ir, IRB1, itunes, peripheral, remote, universal remote, UniversalRemote
Like This Article? Share it!
Most Popular Posts
- Contest: BerryBlab Makes Browsing vBulletin Forums Friendly in a BlackBerry App; 50 Free Copies Up for Grabs! - 119,417 views
- In Depth: 22 best Twitter apps for 2012 - 12,322 views
- Contest Winners: Blurts, BerryJoose, KBLauncher & Music Skins - 12,171 views
- DARPA job posting talks of developing an autonomous, grenade-wielding robot - 7,542 views
- In Depth: The web designer’s guide to WordPress - 6,810 views
- Microsoft Store in India hacked, passwords released - 5,791 views
- Best price comparison site: 4 compared - 4,680 views
Subascribe to Certpiles